Portable Refrigerant Identifier
for R1234yf & R134a
Designed, Developed & Manufactured in the UK
Do you really know what you’re taking out of your customer’s vehicles?
The Mentor Automotive Refrigerant Identifiers provide simple and accurate refrigerant analysis to determine refrigerant purity in vehicle air conditioning systems and refrigerant cylinders. The Mentor is a user-friendly, cost effective R1234yf and R134a refrigerant purity analyser designed with state-of-the-art non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) technology.
The Mentor has been developed with over 30 years of experience in the design and production of safety critical gas analysis systems recognised globally as the best in the market for accuracy and quality.
If you service a lot of different vehicles a/c systems, chances are you’ll encounter many different kinds of refrigerant. You only have to look on eBay or Amazon to see the different types of refrigerants and mixes car owners and workshops can buy, and some of these are illegal or counterfeits which both eBay and Amazon are trying to stop.
Nevertheless, mixing these refrigerants can be extremely dangerous, as even a little bit of cross contamination can damage a vehicle’s a/c system, and also cause untold amounts of damage to expensive refrigerant recovery machines The Mentor identifier stops this from happening by letting you know exactly what refrigerants or contaminants are in the vehicle system or recovery machine.
- Protects workshop equipment against damage and cross contamination
- Avoids contaminating other vehicles
- Diagnose faults caused by mixed, contaminated refrigerants
- Diagnose faults caused by excessive air content
- Identify what refrigerants you are working with (HSE INDG349)
- Quick accurate results direct to your PC or tablet
- Used for vehicle health checks to prevent long term damage
- Accurately analyses R1234yf & R134a purity
- Identifies R1234yf, R134a, R-12, R-22 and HC as contaminants
- Indentifies air content by % for diagnostics
- Designed to meet SAE standards
- Provides VDA and SAE output
- Five year oxygen sensor lifespan
- Minimal loss of refrigerant during test
- Robust case with integral carrying handle
- LCD graphics display
- USB communications
- Designed, developed and manufactured in the UK
- Full technical support provided by Maverick Diagnostics
- Online sensor calibrations
- Online software/firmware updates
- Bluetooth print application for Windows
- 2 year warranty
- Languages – English, Polish, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese
- Design standard SAE J2912
- Long battery operation 8 hours or 200 tests
- Sample type Vapour only
- Sample volume < 5 grams per test
- Operating temp. range +10C to +49C
- Test cycle time (purge+test) 140 seconds (typically)
- Communication portal USB 3.0
- Printer & PC communication Bluetooth 4.2
- Stored test results capability 50 tests
- Approvals CE, EMC, UL61010
Did you know
- Mixed or contaminated refrigerants can cause irreversible damage to compressors and system components due to poor oil return and sludging of mixtures.
- Recovery machine warranties are void if faults are caused by extracting refrigerant mixtures and/or contaminates through the machine.
- Correct diagnosis of system faults cannot always be correct unless the purity of the refrigerant is assessed first.
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) advise that the refrigerant in a system should be identified before working on it.
- Mixtures of refrigerants and air/moisture can cause electrocution from EV’s and some Hybrid vehicles.
EFCTC – European Fluorocarbon Technical Committee
“Illegal and counterfeit refrigerant imports increasing year on year”
“It’s estimated that only 10% of illegal imports into Europe and the UK are intercepted by authorities”
- 15 Jan 2015 – 1300 tonnes of illegal refrigerants blocked in France
- 12 Jun 2019 – EFCTC looks to stem carriage of illegal refrigerant
- 16 Sep 2019 – EFCTC steps up action against illegal refrigerants
- 14 Oct 2019 – Industry group calls for action on illegal refrigerants
- 18 Feb 2020 – EFCTC welcomes action on illegal F-gas trade
- 1 Mar 2020 – EFCTC calls for further checks to combat illegal trade
- 14 May 2020 – Bulgarians seize 500kg of illegal refrigerant
Mentor Instrument Kit
Supplied in custom designed case plus these accessories:
- Vehicle A/C connectors
- R1234yf and R134a sample hose, service couplers & cylinder adapters
- Battery charger
- USB 3.0 communications cable
- Optional Bluetooth printer & charger also available