This is a complete package including the 12 months Genuine Ford IDS Licence, ready to use out of the box. (After initial setup).
Why are original OEM Diagnostic tools are required?
Multi make diagnostic tools all have their limitations, increasingly control units require reprogram/Updates/Re-Flash of ECU’s with the latest software from the vehicle manufacture, for this operation only an Original OEM or approved Pass-thru tool is required.
Save time and make money by investing in this level of tooling, it will Increasing your workshop footfall, customer loyalty and save many man hours, moving cars to mains dealers for repairs.
Vehicle manufactures have all taken their diagnostic software away from standalone diagnostic tools and onto their own web portals. This enables them to have a very secure way of controlling who and how anyone has access to their data and information.
Copy or clone tools were often used, but as the manufactures portal became more sophisticated these clones will not work, the portals will only recognise either original or an approved pass-thru tool.
Maverick Diagnostics is here to help with the often-difficult process of choosing the correct tool for your needs and helping with registration and initial loading of software. Maverick will provide ongoing support through the use of your tool when purchased through Maverick Diagnostics.
VCM II Offers: Authentic OEM diagnostics for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles Customer Flight Recorder (CFR) functionality with the optional pendant cable included Industry standardized J1962 Data Link Connector (DLC) and USB cables Four LED indicators and signaling device providing technician with continuous visual as well as audible operating status Enhanced 802.11 wireless that minimizes dependencies on service department wireless capability infrastructure Improved durability SmartPower Management system to protect the VCM II in extreme environments Integration with IDS: New wireless software integrated with IDS installation package Wireless functionality preferred for all IDS functions including module reprogramming. USB wired connections are only required to update the VCM II loaded code and to set up the VCM II to function as a Customer Flight Recorder CFR option added to provide legacy and future vehicle coverage
- Industry standardized J1962 Data Link Connector (DLC) and USB cables
- Four LED indicators and signalling device providing technician with continuous visual as well as audible operating status
- Enhanced 802.11 wireless that minimizes dependencies on service department wireless capability infrastructure
- SmartPower Management system
- New wireless software integrated with IDS installation package
- Wireless functionality
- USB wired connections are only required to update the VCM II loaded code and to set up the VCM II to function as a Customer Flight Recorder
- CFR option added to provide legacy and future vehicle coverage
- VCM II will support all current Ford European production vehicles (including New Ka).
- Whilst every attempt has been made to support all legacy vehicles, the following previous models, due to their aging and unique vehicle protocols are not supported:
- Escort and Mondeo up to August 1996
- Galaxy up to February 2006.
- VCM II VCI
- Maverick Diagnostics Laptop
- CFR and DLC cables
- USB wireless cards
- 1 Months Online Support Access from Maverick Diagnostics
- Ford IDS licence for 12 months