- Jaguar Land Rover Approved device
- Replacement for JLR SDD VCI’sCovers CAN, MultiCAN, ISO9141 and SCP Vehicle Networks
- Suitable for Legacy, Current and Future Vehicles
- 2m USB Cable as standard included
- Easy to update for J2534 new functionality updates
- The JLR VCI connects directly to the vehicle OBDII (Diagnostic) connector, it then connects to the laptop via a USB cable for use with SDD. Once the J2534 DLL files are loaded, this product will allow normal operation with JLR SDD Diagnostic Tool. All communication is possible on with this device.
Why are original OEM Diagnostic tools required?
Multi make diagnostic tools all have their limitations, increasingly control units require reprogram/Updates/Re-Flash of ECU’s with the latest software from the vehicle manufacture, for this operation only an Original OEM or approved Pass-thru tool is required.
Save time and make money by investing in this level of tooling, it will Increasing your workshop footfall, customer loyalty and save many man hours, moving cars to mains dealers for repairs.
Vehicle manufactures have all taken their diagnostic software away from standalone diagnostic tools and onto their own web portals. This enables them to have a very secure way of controlling who and how anyone has access to their data and information.
Copy or clone tools were often used, but as the manufactures portal became more sophisticated these clones will not work, the portals will only recognise either original or an approved pass-thru tool.
Maverick Diagnostics is here to help with the often-difficult process of choosing the correct tool for your needs and helping with registration and initial loading of software. Maverick will provide ongoing support through the use of your tool when purchased through Maverick Diagnostics.
How does the JLR VCI get updated for future Software Updates?
Periodically JLR will release updates to its products’ drivers and software. These updates are necessary to either release further device functionality or to resolve field issues. The updating of the drivers and software is handled by the diagnostic test application which will install the updates on request. If problems are experienced during device use, always make sure that the latest device software and drivers have been installed.
The JLR VCI is suitable for use with all JLR vehicle models with the following exceptions:
- Flash programming of Engine Control Modules (ECMs) on XJS and pre-2003 XJ and XK models (AJ16, AJ26, AJ27 engines).
- Simultaneous logging of ECM and TCM data logger signals on 2006MY Range Rover
JLR provides access to TOPIx under the link >topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix