Keep you and your Technicians technical skills up-to-date and future-proof with Maverick Academy.
Maverick Training Academy Online will keep your workshop up to date and improve your technicians’ technical skills and knowledge.
We have a suite of 26 courses that are IMI recognised and can also count towards continued personal development if you are an IMI Member. With e-Learning, you can complete the course at your own pace as and when, around your other commitments.
Within the Maverick Academy Online, you’ll also find skills tests to motivate and guide student learning.
Click to expand courses
- Introducing the physical factors that take part directly or indirectly with the braking of the vehicle.
- Explaining the different braking systems found in cars and the way they operate.
- Carrying out a physical and operational study of the elements integrated in the braking systems.
- Introducing the diagnostic procedures, repairs and maintenance of the above elements.
- The geometry of the steering and its main degrees.
- Analysing how they affect the levels of performance and stability of the vehicle.
- The types of assisted steering systems applied in the vehicle.
- The procedures to correct the gaps in the rack and pinion mechanisms.
- The repair procedures of the steering components.
- Providing the student the skills for diagnose and repair faults related to the steering systems.
- The technologies used on rear assisted steering systems.
- Recognise the dynamic needs of automobiles related to the transmission system.
- Assimilate the concepts of torque and power of work.
- Understand the transformation of linear and turning forces.
- Distinguish transmission systems according to their operating principle.
- Know the different components that are part of the kinematic chain, its functions, constructive characteristics and operating principle.
- Acquire the knowledge of diagnosis, verification, repair and maintenance necessary in relation to the transmission system and the source of its faults.
- Deepen and publicize the constructive details.
- Explain the function of the tires.
- Be able to perform the maintenance of the vehicle’s tires.
- Know the rest of the elements related to the tires.
Maverick Training Academy is soon to be offering live training courses. These will be carried out in conjunction with Coleg Cambria in Wrexham, North Wales using their extensive facilities.
The complete range of full qualified courses and essential learning courses will soon be advertised, they will be of one- or two-day duration according to course level. Hotel accommodation and travel are not included but must be considered when booking, as must the fact that these courses will take place in North Wales, UK.
You can register your interest for live training now by completing the form showing your interest in the course subjects.